Hunting the Northern Lights
|Place||Lofoten Islands, Norway|
|Date||September 14 — 23, 2018|
|Capacity||min. 5, max. 8 photographers|
|Accommodation||Typical Norwegian house near Reine village|
|Price||€2,990 per person|
DO NOT MISS our 11th edition of expedition to the place that offers breathtaking views attracting photographers from all over the world. Take a guess…
Yes, we talk about Norwegian arctic islands of Lofoten providing so many interesting elements for landscape photography that some of the visitors find the place close to a photography paradise. This amazing place is ideal to watch the Northern Lights along with countless beautiful locations and sceneries. There are fjords, ragged coast, towering mountains and much more. The fall is ideal for taking pictures, as there is little rain, less wind and the weather is generally stable. The islands change into fall colours and the morning fogs are just perfect. The mountain tops are already covered with snow, which gives the compositions another dimension. Fall is also ideal for pictures of the Aurora Borealis. As the Lofoten lay farther north than Iceland, the chances for seeing and photographing the Northern Lights are very good.
You will learn
- focus rules in day and night panoramic photography
- exposition bracketing and its usage
- advanced exponometry to create perfect images
- post process methods along with practical examples (stitching panoramic pictures, editing them and preparing for online presentation or printing)
- best places/time in Lofoten
Benefits for you
- Limited number of participants overseen by three lecturers
- Friendly atmosphere including pre/post expedition communication
- Most interesting places of Lofoten
Who should attend?
This expedition is designed for landscape photographers — it does not matter if you just started or you are already advanced. This course will teach you the knowledge and technique for landscapes with stars (static and dynamic). In addition, you will learn how to photograph the Northern Lights to keep print memories in high resolution.
What is included in the price?
- 9 nights accommodation in newly built houses close to Reine
- Transport from Narvik airport to the Lofoten
- Transportation during the stay
- Presentations during the expedition
Extras (on demand)
- Plane tickets
- Transport excluding airport pick up
- Meal (kitchen is available)
If you are interested in more information or have any question, feel free to contact us or via Facebook at any time.
Please fill-out the below form to register for the event and pay via PayPal. Should you need to use another payment method, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you.
This site uses SSL encryption to securely transfer the data you enter.